Last Updated: June 2023
The Information We Collect
When you visit the Shapeshifter website, we collect certain information about your device, such as information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, the sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the website. This information is referred to as Device Information. The purpose of collecting this Device Information is to accurately load the website for you and to perform analytics on website usage to optimize our site.
Device Information is collected using the following methods:
- Cookies: Cookies are small encrypted text files that allow your computer to remember information about your visit. They help us offer an efficient and high-performing website experience. To learn more about cookies, including how to disable them, visit https://allaboutcookies.org/.
- Log files: Our "log files" monitor activities on the website and gather data such as your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags, and pixels: These are electronic files used to capture information about your browsing activities on the site.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
When you sign up to be a subscriber, you will be required to provide us with Personal Information about yourself, such as your name, email address, and location. If you contact us using the website, you will be asked to provide your country code, name, email, and phone number. We do not collect this information from visitors when they use the website unless they provide such information voluntarily.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use the information. The third parties we use include:
- Shopify: We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Mailchimp: We use Mailchimp to help with our marketing efforts. You can read more about how Mailchimp uses your Personal Information here: https://mailchimp.com/help/mailchimp-intuit-privacy-faq/?utm_source=mc-kb&utm_medium=kb-site&utm_campaign=eepurl.
Lastly, we may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
How Do We Use This Information
We use the Order Information we collect to fulfill orders placed through the site. This includes processing payment, organizing shipping, and communicating invoices/order confirmations with you. Order Information can also be used to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services, in line with the preferences you have shared with us
We use Device Information to help screen for potential risk of fraud and to optimize our site.
We use Personal Information that is voluntarily given to provide relevant marketing materials to you using our third-party site, Mailchimp. We also use it to assist you with inquiries sent through the site.
As mentioned above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertising or marketing communications that we think are relevant to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We share your personal information with Mailchimp to provide tailored and relevant marketing messages to you. You can read more about how Mailchimp uses your Personal Information here: https://mailchimp.com/help/mailchimp-intuit-privacy-faq/?utm_source=mc-kb&utm_medium=kb-site&utm_campaign=eepurl.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative's ("NAI") educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Here are some helpful links to opt out of targeted advertising if you are interested:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance's opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Email Marketing Terms and Conditions
By voluntarily subscribing to email marketing notifications, you agree to receive recurring automated marketing messages to the email address provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located at the bottom of any Shapeshifter marketing email. Customers purchasing a product cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails.
How We Protect Your Information
We take reasonable measures to protect your information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please recognize that no security system is completely impenetrable. We cannot provide a guarantee of absolute security for our databases, nor can we assure that the information you provide will not be intercepted during transmission to and from our systems over the internet. Please exercise caution and carefully consider the information you choose to share with us, and in particular, take precautions with the emails you open and send to us.
When you place an order through the website, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right to erase, please see the 'Your Rights' section below.
This website is not intended for individuals under the age of 13.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to "Do Not Track" signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
If you are a resident of the EEA (European Economic Area), you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify's GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the 'Right to Know'), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing us using the details below:
Shapeshifter Tool Co.
10 - 1005 Alpha Lake Road,
Whistler, BC V8E 0H5